Routine Core Analysis Manager - Calgary, AB< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Weatherford Canada Ltd.'s Labs division is currently looking for a Routine Core Analysis Manager who will be responsible for internal day-to-day operation of a Lab discipline in coordination with Operations Manager at a regional or national Weatherford facility. Some domestic and international travel may be involved for special projects or business needs. Perform various other duties, projects and activities as assigned by the by Operations Manager within the physical constraints of the job.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Work with other managers and supervisors to develop, guide, and budget projects, services, and equipment to enhance the operations services capabilities and performance of the discipline.
- Liaise with clients, vendors, and internal personnel to obtain detailed equipment requirements, quotes, and oversee delivery/construction of equipment for these projects with under the guidance of Operations Manager.
- Coordinate all testing activities within facility and coordinate with outside test facilities are required.
- Maintain discipline lab facility and test equipment up to expected company standards.
- Develops technical and business proposals and bid responses for internal and external projects.
- Review and all financial documents as directed for accuracy, including invoices and purchase orders.
- Meet all project budgets and timeframes and submit all required reports on a timely basis to Weatherford Laboratories management and to external clients.
- Schedule the workflow, train, mentor, and evaluate direct report employees and be responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of their respective work, reports and expenses.
- Create training documents for new equipment or services to track the operational competency and utilization.
- Work in a team environment with other managers and supervisors to ensure operations are well planned and performed in the most safe and professional manner possible.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Communicate and work constructively with other lab divisions within Weatherford Laboratories when required.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operation, and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Technical Diploma or University Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, Engineering, Geosciences or related field.
- 5+ years of industry experience in consulting or laboratory analysis or as a technical specialist in an operating company with comparable experience
- Canadian citizen or eligible for permanent resident status in Canada
- Excellent one-on-one communication skills – Strong written and verbal communication skills in a professional environment.
- Strong leadership and quality assurance skills.
- Advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Self-starter, motivated and able to work under supervision in a large multi-national service company
- A track record of client focused relationships
- Excellent supervisory and organizational skills and knowledge of industry
- Ability to delegate work effectively
- Ability to work with diversity in a high-speed laboratory environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and flexibility
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.