Sales Manager (Artificial Lift) - Calgary, AB< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Weatherford Canada Ltd. is currently looking for an experienced Sales Manager for our Artificial Lift division. The successful candidate will be responsible for maximizing the company's market share, profitability and sales volume on its Artificial Lift Systems (ALS) product lines within the Canadian Region. He/she will plan, organize and direct overall sales activities consistent with the business objectives of each ALS product line and maintain senior-level contact with our major customers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage, coach, and mentor the Sales Department's resources and personnel to obtain maximum benefit through recruiting, training, organization and leadership.
- Develop sales compensation programs and incentive programs to achieve or exceed regional goals.
- Responsible for changes in the structure and organization of the Sales group to achieve assigned objectives and to provide flexibility and swift reaction to ongoing problems and/or opportunities as they arise in the marketplace.
- Maintain a satisfactory profit/loss ratio as identified by regional pre-set operational standards for the Sales Department.
- Formulate and recommend plans, policies, goals and objectives for the organization's sales activities to expand market share in existing markets and capture new markets.
- Develop in collaboration with operations and senior management, the strategies for the introduction of new products/services to the marketplace for the purpose of increasing market share.
- Develop and execute both short and long range sales plans and programs in conjunction with operations and senior management, to ensure the profitability and growth of the region’s products.
- In collaboration with operations and senior management, develop pricing strategies as a component of the product marketing mix with a goal to grow revenue AND net profit.
- Assure that market intelligence is received, analyzed and reviewed regularly with senior management for analysis in a timely fashion to capitalize on current market conditions affecting the company’s product lines.
- Establish and maintain close communications, and provide marketing advice and guidance to all ALS Product Line Managers to ensure that overall sales effectiveness is “best in class”.
- Coordinate the appraisal and reporting of corporate sales plans and programs to senior management.
- Develop close relationships with product line managers and field distribution network to maximize manufactured product sales to its fullest potential.
- Perform timely employee performance evaluations with Sales employees identifying their strengths and development needs; discussing their career objectives; and setting of business objectives to take into consideration our region’s business plan.
- Support and recommend training programs for Sales personnel as identified by their personal development plans; act as a mentor with Sales personnel to develop a results-oriented approach with a focus on career development.
- Travel to Weatherford Production Systems’ Service Branches to effectively engage field operational and sales individuals along with their respective local clientele base.
- Post-secondary education preferred; strong knowledge of products and services in the completions sector of the oil and gas industry.
- Knowledge/Experience: at least 10 years of prior sales management experience in the completions sector of the oil and gas industry with an ability of being focused on achieving increasing revenue volume and operating profit;
- Strong business relationships at the Vice President level with the major oil and gas producers; previous supervisory experience of a sales force of at least 10 employees
- Above average ability to motivate and provide leadership to a sales team;
- Ability to develop successful sales strategies; skilled in written and oral communications; results oriented;
- Ability to monitor employee sales performance in order to align with key business results.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.