Welder - Edmonton, AB< Back To Job Listing
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
As an integral part of the Maintenance team, the position provides the plant with a high level of maintenance expertise in the area of welding, to ensure the company objectives are supported, to ensure that maintenance goals are efficiently and effectively met and to ensure that production downtime goals and maintenance schedules are achieved. It is required that fabrication and repair work be accomplished, while adhering to quality, safety and legislative standards and guidelines.
- Complete scheduled work in cooperation with the Maintenance Supervisor, Production Supervisors and Manufacturing Engineering Manager in conjunction with the required departments.
- Perform repairs, demonstrating care for the equipment and using the applicable welding process, to sustain optimal performance of equipment and to minimize downtime and costs.
- Fabricate new requirements (structures, equipment or other project work) as designed and certified by Engineering using the required welding methods and techniques
- Tube Repair: the repair of stator tubes with .045 metal core wire (MIG – Metal Inert Gas))
- Rotor Repair: the repair of rotors using the correct diameter of welding rod (SMAW – Smub Mersible Arc Welding) Act upon maintenance calls for the shop floor with the required sense of urgency
- Ensure all required documentation is completed correctly and on time, namely but not limited to time sheets, logs, equipment monitoring and operational forms, work orders and inventory count
- Inform the supervisor in case of any discrepancies in material, damage to or loss of equipment
- Maintain housekeeping - a tidy, clean and safe work area - on the floor and in the maintenance shop; return tools and supplies to identified storage locations
- Ensure compliance to Health & Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices and Environmental standards at all times.
- Achieve minimum meets expectations on performance review, including attendance, team work, housekeeping, safety and quality
- Participate in company based learning
- Use computers to the level required by specific duties
- Remain in good standing with Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training Board where applicable
- Work hours may change to suit requirements of jobs to be completed
- Must have own transportation as there will be On Call work expected
- Grade 12 – graduation or GED equivalency
- Valid Alberta Welder Journeyman Ticket
- Experience in the following:
Previous welding experience in a structural steel fabrication and repair environment
- Excellent communication skills, reading and writing in English
- Blueprint reading and understanding (2D/3D drawing)
- Knowledge of welding with .045 (tube welding) and .080 (Structural) metal core Mig wire
- Knowledge of using a hand torch, plasma torch, grinders and brazing techniques
- Knowledge of using gages, micrometers and other measuring devices
- Willingness to undergo and promote safe working practices
- Must be able to work with minimal or no supervision
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Industrial understanding, with mechanical aptitude and ability
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including paid vacation to start, matching RRSP program, comprehensive benefits program, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) and opportunities for on-going training and career development.