CUSTOMS COMPLIANCE MANAGER< Back To Job Listing
The main purpose of the position is to oversee, ensure control of & advise all Weatherford facilities in respect of compliance with HMRC, BEIS and any other statutory regulations as well as company policy.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop & implement logistics, customs and compliance procedures, processes & policies in line with regional and global initiatives
- Lead on-going efforts for establishing and sustaining continuous process improvement
- Carry out audits on Freight Forwarder invoices as per the Global Trade Compliance guidelines
- Monitor Customs compliance in respect of current HMRC legislation within Weatherford and implement corrective actions
- Facilitate the provision of training to Weatherford facilities on all Logistics, Customs and Compliance functions (Tariff, CPC's, Green Light Process)
- Support Tendering activities in all customs and compliance matters, including but not limited to duties/exemptions/licenses available.
- Schedule and conduct internal audits as per the Global Trade Compliance guidelines
- Carry out annual appraisals for direct report(s) in line with Weatherford policies and procedures
- Monitor trade compliance activities within the UK, including ensuring proper licensing for all exports while maintaining proper documentation of export licenses and/or license exceptions used by the location
- Ensure any import/export discrepancies are fully investigated and the appropriate notification is sent to HMRC / any other statutory body
- Maintain a professional demeanor and attitude
- Ensure that all monthly statutory reporting requirements are processed in a timely manner
- Participate in meetings/discussions with various internal departments to ensure suitable arrangements are in place for all Weatherford shipments locally, nationally and internationally
- Undertaking any required training to a satisfactory level of achievement
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these
- Periodic domestic travel required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Previous Oil field, Logistics and/or Trade Compliance experience
- Trade-related/cross-border experience relating to UK.
- Able to develop and lead others in a team environment
- Must have good organization skills, and be able to work within strict deadlines.
- UK Trade Compliance experience - emphasis on Oil and Gas Service Industry
- Must be accurate, with an eye for detail and have good communication skills
- Strong Quality Assurance experience - with a focus on Oil and Gas Service Industry
- Well organized and able to manage multiple concurrent tasks
- Be product, process and systems technically oriented.
- Hands-on experience in a leadership role driving a culture of change and continuous improvement
- Prior working experience of HMRC Procedures and Regulations
- Prior working experience of Logistics Processes and Procedures
- The ability to work in a team environment as well as an ability to work unsupervised
- The initiative to resolve and advise on Logistics & Trade Compliance related issues
- Demonstrable previous experience in Trade Compliance or related field
- Engineering/Technical or Logistics experience
- Must possess a good level of general education of at least Higher level in Mathematics and English
- Good keyboard and computer skills
- Flexibility to suit operational requirements
- Law degree and/or Customs brokerage license is advantageous