NextGen - Field Engineer Completions< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is currently recruiting university graduates for field engineer traineeships in multiple locations. As a university graduate, you will be given the knowledge, tools, and mentorship needed to create a successful career through a variety of talent development programs, including formal training to develop and enhance technical and non-technical, individual, and business acumen skill sets. For example, graduate engineers who qualify for our NextGen program – a five-year leadership development program that is designed to accelerate technical and soft-skill development to prepare one for future leadership positions. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams, while making a real impact on the job.
As a field engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Providing reliable, prompt, and courteous service to Weatherford's customers on a 24-hour basis.
- Isolating and solving complex problems on the job site with the assistance of our technical support groups;
- Personal career development through external and internal technical and non-technical training;
- You will be required to work in an outdoor setting for extended hours; at times, extreme climates.
- Must be in the process of completing a Bachelor’s degree by May 2018 or have completed Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Geoscience.
- Must be willing and able to work outdoors and in remote locations for extended periods.
- Must be willing to potentially relocate / rotate to different locations every 6 months to 1 year for the first three years of the program.
- Mechanical interest and inclination
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Basic computer and problem solving skills
As Completion Engineers:
Weatherford Completion Engineers ensure that our customer's requirements are met or exceeded by maintaining a high standard of professionalism, quality, efficiency, and safety in the performance of well logging and completion operations. With your professionalism, strong work ethic, leadership and teamwork skills, you will help make Weatherford the preferred completions service company in the World.
The position of Field Engineer/Supervisor is physically and mentally challenging, and is a very rewarding and respected job in the oil and gas industry.
If you are highly driven, enjoy extensive travel, comfortable taking initiative, and can work in extreme outdoor environments and balance multiple priorities, you could go far on the Weatherford team
An undergraduate degree acquired within the last year from an Engineering program is essential.
Must be in the process of completing a Bachelor’s degree by May 2018 or have completed Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Geoscience on 2017 and 2018 only.
Effective English written and oral communication skills are a must, as are basic computer and problem solving skills. If you are prepared to succeed as part of a strong team tackling varied and complex problems, we would love to hear from you.