Reservoir Engineer< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Duties & Responsibilities:
Co-ordinate and comply with HSE procedures and policies, including:
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply Weatherford, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Management Systems.
- Actively promote positive HSE culture.
- Lead by example.
Co-ordinate and comply with quality procedures and policies, including:
- Building rewarding customer relationships (internal and external) by understanding, responding to and satisfying customer requirements.
- Actively participating, promoting and implementing cost effective innovative solutions to the benefit of WCT business.
- Deliver technical recommendations and services to ensure WCT products are fit for purpose.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring team members;
- Identify training needs within the team to improve personnel competency.
- Responsible for planning, prioritising and scheduling tasks;
- Reducing unnecessary work and promoting and executing efficiency;
- Provide reservoir/petroleum engineering support to WCT and clients. Duties include: reservoir and well modelling, inflow/outflow performance modelling and optimisation.
- Provide assistance to the business development effort through communication of petroleum engineering expertise to our customers (e.g. ICD modelling and performance).
- Support the product development effort through the provision of petroleum engineering input on development direction, R&D testing and product qualification.
- Investigate and provide technical recommendations to support field operations.
- Provide petroleum engineering input & guidance for problem job / RCA investigations.
- Produce & deliver technical papers / presentations in relation reservoir and petroleum engineering function for client meetings, industry events, forums & conferences.
- Actively contribute to the development & delivery of petroleum engineering training to support personnel competency & business growth.
- Perform other duties which may be assigned from time to time
Required Skills & Knowledge:
- Good communication/interpersonal skills, both verbal & written.
- Proficient in utilisation of petroleum engineering modelling software packages.
- Possess excellent mathematical & analytical skills with proven technical ability to problem solving.
- Possess excellent technical report and paper writing skills.
- Self-motivated & able to work effectively in a team environment &/or unsupervised.
- Good organisational skills & an ability to work to tight & sometimes challenging deadlines.
- Good presentation skills to convey product line information, both internal & externally.
- Candidate must have Oil & Gas service or operating company experience.
- Candidate must have extensive reservoir/petroleum engineering experience in well completions.
- General understanding of O&G industry & awareness of the key operators/technology users.
- Essential - BSc level qualification in a Petroleum Engineering discipline.
- Preferred - MSc level qualification in a Petroleum Engineering discipline.