BUYER< Back To Job Listing
Under the direction of the Purchasing Supervisor, perform technically responsible duties related to the locating, sourcing and procuring District supplies, materials, equipment and services in compliance with Weatherford Global codes, regulations, procedures and practices.
Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Placing purchase orders supporting production requirements, following up on back orders, making special arrangements for delivery and communicating to the internal customer in a timely manner.
- Maintaining current, up to date information on vendors
- Establishing and maintaining current pricing to ensure proper evaluation of cost standards and vendor invoicing and resolving issues related to cost and payment of invoices.
- Monitoring special order requirements and placing orders and expediting as needed to support customer’s needs.
- Coordinating efficient flow of material through supply chain.
- Ordering and expediting material through vendors.
- Monitoring inventory levels
- Evaluating, revising and maintaining inventory levels to support production planning.
- Makes tactical buying decisions. Executes corporate sourcing programs.
- Maintains and develops suppliers.
- Must understand the products/technical drawings.
- Technical knowledge about raw materials and tools.
- Knowledge and practical experience (at least 3 years) of machining process.
- Computer operating skills.
- Experience in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Should have language skills in English, reading, writing and speaking.
- Must possess strong math skills, strong analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to work with diverse personalities tactfully.
- Knowledge, preference and experience in MRP/ERP systems.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or 1-3 years purchasing/planning experience
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS