GZ SNR BUYER - C&C LEAD< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
This role will have responsibility for ensuring all Geozone purchasing activity, namely sourcing, contracting, negotiating and buying of goods, materials and services, meet operational needs, taking into account cost, value, quality, delivery, and continuity of supply, in line with organisational purchasing strategy.
Vision & Leadership
- This role has greater responsibility and accountability than a Buyer and will include mentoring and growing in depth capability within the team, taking responsibility for specific projects as assigned and holds a larger more in depth remit in terms of purchasing responsibility.
- Partner with all departments and drive efforts to ensure that business requirements are understood for input into the Geozone and country purchasing strategies.
- Mentor and coach more junior positions within the team to expand the capabilities of qualified personnel within the country and the Geozone, to facilitate work completion, succession planning, and to mitigate against labour attrition.
Safety & Compliance
- Ensure that Quality, Health, Safety, Security and Environment are the responsibility of all employees and embedded into the culture of employees
- Ensure compliance with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford
- Ensure adherence to Weatherford’s Anti-Corruption Procedures, Trade Compliance, and all global and Geozone policies, processes and procedures
Finance & Performance
- Track and manage procurement performance indicators related to cost, quality and delivery of materials/services. Drive improvements in these metrics.
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services, ensuring continuity of supply, in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets.
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Through liaison with the Geozone Purchasing Manager, develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, and business performance and work towards continuous improvement
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings, utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods to reduce the overall spend within the Geozone.
- Participate in the audits of major vendors and suppliers as required, following through on outcomes to facilitate service improvement.
- Drive efforts to understand internal customer needs and business requirements as input into the country and Geozone purchasing strategy
- Execute planning and process for assigned categories, development of scope, cost modelling, commercial negotiation, and assist on supplier selection, and contract execution.
- Ensure appropriate contract files are maintained in accordance with the document retention policy and support required audit activity
- Analyse current spend and implement strategic improvement strategies to reduce costs
- Establish best practice Procure to Pay processes to streamline the Purchasing function across the country/Geozone
Client & Communication
- Represent company in formulating policies and negotiating contracts with suppliers
- Partner with the Geozone Managers to ensure that the Purchasing team is engaged with the business and supporting business objectives
- Participates in meetings and writes project reports for management as required
- Ensures that services within work remit are delivered on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Proven experience as a Supply Chain leader in Oil & Gas sector
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong Communication Skills (Written and verbal)
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Multi language skills
- Strong organisational skills and high degree of attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and effectively, while maintaining attention to detail
- Comfortable working with teams in different office locations, and promoting teamwork
- Familiarity with JD Edwards, SAP, or equivalent ERP systems
- Experience with developing contracts and negotiations
- Knowledge of trade compliance matters
- Knowledge and experience with eSourcing and eAuction tools
- Demonstrates a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply Weatherford, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
- Others: Support Operations systems, OEPS, as required.
- University Degree in Law, Business, Logistics or relevant field.
- Professional certification, which can include CIPS, CPP, CSPC, CTL or CPM