TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
The primary role of this job is to serve as the functional link between Sales, Operations, Research and Development, Sustaining Engineering and Product Line Management with regards to the support of existing and new technology.
Oversight and Development of region technical standards in engineering, sales and operations. Generate Sales and increase revenue at the Regional Level through sale of Products and Services following designed Technical & sales objectives, policies, and programs to achieve maximum Sales at the highest return to the Company and introduction of the new technologies and capabilities for Weatherford
Duties and Responsibilities:
Must understand and comply with quality, safety, and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work within an established geographical area to generate new business, increase revenue and service existing customer.
- Ensure developed Marketing/Sales initiatives and objectives are followed in a harmonious manner with Weatherford's overall programs, objectives and plans.
- Provide technical knowledge and support to customers. Assist other sales personnel, customers and potential customers on the technical issues of the products. Attend classroom instructional sessions aimed at product line specific training.
- Work with sales staff and R&D to propose changes in existing products and the introduction of new ones.
- Recommend measures to improve methods, performance, and quality to increase efficiency.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Monitor technical content of job proposals generated in field and sales to ensure technical standards are being upheld.
- Assist and support new product introduction / development.
- Develop and present technical courses, both internally and to external clients.
- Monitor District, Field and Trainee Engineers career development process.
- Develop regional marketing communications material in support of new product / service launches and overall marketing strategy.
- Provide field technical support as needed.
- Assist in technical investigations and problem Job reporting.
- Design and develop new applications and scenarios to fulfill customer requirements and objectives with highest efficiency.
- Maintain sales contacts with key customers.
- Support the overall technology strategy.
- Advises sales personnel, customers and potential customers on the technical issues that affect the installation or sales of products and/or services of the organization
- Provides technical support to manufacturing and overview of Qualify assurance.
- May assist sales personnel in the preparation of bids
- Meets with customers to develop and design products and services
- Training customers and/or field personnel on new products
- Handles special projects, as assigned.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- This Position have the Authority to:
- Compile any technical Documentation
- Generate Technical Proposals and technical data sheets
- Generate and review of equipment Running procedure
- Communicate Best practices and lessons Learned with Different Location.
- Communicate Best Practices, lessons learned and operating procedures with internal and external customers.
Introduce new technologies and different applications with internal and external customers
Knowledge and Skills:
Proficient verbal and written communication skills
Individual must be able to follow instructions
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, etc.,)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve using thorough analytical skills
- Should be able to work closely with internal customers
- Self-motivated and committed to service quality is a must
Computer Aided Drafting (AutoCAD, Solidworks, ProE or equivalent)
Ability to liaison between Customer and Weatherford across all levels
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent.
Minimum of 1-3 year experience in Field Experience or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-3 year experience in Application Engineering (AE I) Experience or equivalent.
Competent in Level 1 Liner Hanger
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS