Technical Sales Specialist - Cased Hole Completions< Back To Job Listing
In collaboration with Technical Sales Managers, the Sales Engineer (or Specialist) proactively and strategically sells tools, technologies and services across the Weatherford portfolio to a defined customer base. In alignment with the agreed sales plan, the Sales Engineer (or Specialist) also works to establish customer relationships that enable the identification of customer needs and the positioning of Weatherford solutions.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
Safety & Compliance
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford
- Participate in product line forecasting revenues and profits in accordance with prescribed guidelines and ensure effective teamwork to meet or exceed targets
- Takes direction from the Technical Sales Manager and the Geozone Sales Director.
- Proactively searchs for sales opportunities to solve customers problems and meet customer requirements. using appropriate tools, systems, processes and technology
- Ensures WFT systems, including Salesforce, KRA are updated and maintained with appropriate sales data in a timely manner
- Compile and submit Real Results relevant to technology and local market. Enlisting client participation is highly encouraged
- Participate and take a leadership role in industry trade organizations and other pertinent technical associations or committees, workshops, SPE regional meetings/study groups
- Engage local/regional Petroleum Engineering Colleges and Universities in line with the local recruitment strategy. Seek opportunities for involvement in the SPE / ICOTA or other respectable institutional chapter, Lunch and Learns and other creative ways to meet and interact with the students/future clients
Client & Communication
- Responsible for relaying competitive information back to the appropriate product line stakeholders, including pricing, good/bad product performance, marketing material, activities, new products/technology, market share etc.
- Build relationships and client intimacy and understand their buying habits to position Weatherford solutions appropriately prior to tender release etc.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Team Player
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Logical and methodical, results driven
- Having broader and advanced knowledge of company policy, products, services and operations
- Self-confidence and motivation, decisiveness, flexibility, sound business judgment, and determination
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
MBA or Msc in Engineering