ASSISTANT FIELD TECHNICIAN< Back To Job Listing
Under the general supervision of the Field Engineers, assists Senior Technicians to Install, Commission, Maintain Electrical/ Instrument systems, test, repair and inspect controlling devices, data logging and display equipment, communications and telemetry systems and performs related work as required.
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Adhere to Safety procedure and policies in accordance with safety management system. Including:
- Active participation and contribution to specific safety initiatives in meetings.
- Report all hazardous and unsafe acts.
- Actively promote positive safety culture.
Adhere to Quality procedure and policies in accordance with the Weatherford quality assurance system, Including:
- Compliance to work instructions.
- Raising corrective actions for all non-conformances.
- identifying areas requiring improvement and / or audit
- Reports to Operations Manager
- To carry out as a team, installation, commissioning and servicing of the Production Automation products such as different sizes of VSD's Breaking Resistors, Surface Instruments etc. at well sites
- Perform installation and continuity of instrumentation/control cables from main control cabinet to field device
- Loop check of wiring within instrumentation control panel containing both relay and solid state logic
- Carrying out installation of equipment, re-wiring and testing of instrumentation control panels to incorporate design modifications
- Assist Senior Technician in testing of Electrical systems and equipment such as VSD, RTU Panels etc.
- Assists Senior Instrument Technicians in pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up activities
- Assist Senior Instrument Technicians / Field Engineer with any reporting functions.
- Participate in site surveys, material mobilization to well site and between wells in field
- Assists Senior Instrument Technicians to troubleshoot control panels and all kinds of electrical and electronic circuits, makes recommendation and changes either software or hardware as required to project engineer.
- Reads and interprets electrical schematics, diagrams, plans in preparation for and performance of tasks
- Submits verbal reports to Field Engineer regarding daily activities
- Secures necessary tools, material and equipment before starting any task
- Assist Senior Instrument Technicians to perform analysis and diagnosis to provide solutions to instrumentation problems
- Follow appropriate safety procedures and permit to work system of the customer during work at site
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by Field Supervisor/ Operations Manager within the physical constraints of the job.
- Adhere to Safety procedure and policies in accordance with safety management system. Including:
General computer skills
- SSC OR min 2 years apprenticeship and technical training,
- 3-5 years of experience as an Assistant Technician, performing skilled work in electrical jobs.
- At least two years of the five years must include experience working on Oil industrial.
- Ability to organize and document
REQUIRED SKILLS:Strong operational and technical skills
- Preferred: Possess a Kuwaiti driver’s license; must have knowledge of any applicable driving regulations
- A high level of communication skills
- Ability to manage processes
- Understanding the scope of works
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in oilfield operations at wellsite related to the installation and operation of PCP systems
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS