Mechanic - TRS< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
- Conduct & participate in Tool Box Talks, Job Safety Analysis and Risk Assessments prior to performing any job at bases.
- Perform pre job maintenance and inspection on all TRS equipment’s prior to dispatch and fill in all the relevant documents as per Weatherford’s work instructions and standard operations procedures. Complete all relevant documents after maintenance & inspection.
- Strictly follow the functions assigned to him by the supervisor at location regarding the TRS operations and equipment’s servicing & maintenance.
- Perform visual and inventory checks on all equipment’s available at location and report to supervisor.
- Check all relevant certifications and inspections of TRS equipment’s, accessories, baskets etc. related to lifting equipment’s and gears.
- Prepare equipment’s for operations at the base such as redress, pre-job function test.
- Liaise with Weatherford onshore support staff to ensure adequate equipment is available at the worksite to meet operational requirements.
- Perform troubleshooting and repairs of all TRS equipment’s at base
- Test-runs engines at various speeds and observes efficiency of operations
- Repairs, maintains, and installs oil well drilling machinery and equipment, using hand tools and following oral and written work orders: Attaches hoisting cables to pumps, transmissions, diesel engines, and other equipment at drill sites, lashes equipment to trucks for transfer to repair yard, and guides lowering of equipment onto blocks in or near repair shop
- Disassembles engines and mechanical units, using hand and power wrenches, screwdrivers, and other hand tools.
Required Education: High school, Diploma & above. Drilling – Level 2 TRS competency.
Required Skills: Good communication skills, Good computer skills, English proficiency, ability to read & refer technical manuals & procedure.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS