GENERAL ACCOUNTING SUPERVISOR< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Responsible for the supervision of the general accounting and financial processing function for UK and Cyprus. Main purpose is to ensure team meets needs of customers – corporate and regional accounting, UK Operational Finance, tax and statutory accounting, internal and external auditors, UK Management team. To manage the integrity and timeliness of both UK Statutory financial statements and US GAAP balance sheets. Co-ordinate with the UK Finance group and outsourcing team to ensure the necessary accounting information is provided to third parties for timely completion of report filings and for internal audits.
- Ensure timely and accurate financial processing, reporting and analysis including:
- Meeting monthly financial reporting deadlines
- Providing Operational Finance with routine and adhoc ino required to support the business
- Balance sheets are reconciled on a periodic basis in line with group policy
- Compliance with Company Policies, procedures and best practices
- To assist and support the Tax Department with tax planning and entity restructuring projects, and to support timely US GAAP reporting of non-routine transactions
- Responsible to ensure adequate financial systems, processes and internal controls are in place, consistently applied and operating effectively.
- Coordinates and manages the timely and accurate filing of all statutory financial filings. Maintain control lists with status of all filings compared to due dates.
- Oversee General Accountant and outsourcing team to ensure all US GAAP balance sheets reconciled timely and in line with internal policy.
- Develops and implements systems structure to be maintained by the reporting group, to provide the statutory and internal reporting results.
- Prepares or reviews all major statutory consolidations
- Liaise with the Financial Manager and Auditors on audit planning and fee deduction.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply Weatherford, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Management Systems.
- Act in accordance with the Roles and Responsibilities as designated in Document 2-2-EW-GB-EDI-00001
- Qualified accountant (recognised international qualification such as CA, ACCA or CIMA)
- Experienced in monthly management reporting
- Knowledge and experience in GAAP reporting (US GAAP preferred)
- Strong knowledge of legal entity accounting
- Experience in management and monitoring of internal controls
- Knowledge/experience of oil service business
- Knowledge/experience of SOX
- Experience in cash and treasury management
- Knowledge and experience in compliance and accounting for VAT and employee taxes
- Demonstrable experience after qualifying
- Experience of working closely with operational and other non-financial personnel.
- Analytical awareness and problem solving skills
- Experience in accounting systems such as JDE, and financial reporting systems such as Hyperion
- Finance and computer literate.
- Strong communication skills (both written & oral)
- Ability to use initiative, judgement and work with minimum supervision.
- Strong knowledge and experience in accounting practice and theory
- Willingness to learn and highly motivated
- Strong communication skills
- Good team player
- Ability to handle large volumes and adapt to changing goal posts