SPECIALIST PROCUREMENT CONTR.< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
- Responsible for negotiating procurement contracts and for improving the contracting process.
- Lead the contract negotiations with suppliers for supply of goods and services to ensure contract terms providing the best business value for Weatherford
- Engage with product line and support functions as and when required for approval of proposed contract changes
- Manage and improve the overall contracting process in Romania
- Collaborate with local legal department and global procurement function to develop new local contract template for low value, low risk contracts
- Maintain the procurement contracts register, monitoring at all times periods of validity of procurement contracts and ensure compliance with global Weatherford contract storage requirements
- Identify opportunities for value creation
- Monitor and ensure suppliers’ compliance to contract terms
- Monitor the procurement contracts. Ensure that all required parties agree with conditions agreed upon and the contracts are signed in accordance with the GOA/ Grant of Authority and internal procurement procedures.
- Fulfil and comply with the requirements of laws specific for international trade, commercial contracts
- Is accountable for the failure or improper fulfillment of the duties of the position.
- Is accountable for the nonconformities occurred during the process of contracts conclusion and losses from his/ her fault.
- Is accountable for the failure to comply with the procedures, requirements and obligations from its internal rules and Weatherford policies.
- Cooperates with the representatives of all departments for a good understanding on the subject of the contract and the progress thereof
- Identifies and communicates the nonconformities observed which may occur in the process of concluding the contracts with suppliers of goods and services
- Completion of a graduate degree at University or Higher Business Education level in a related field e.g. Business Administration, Supply Chain, Industrial Engineering, Law or similar disciplines
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant working experience in procurement and contracting, including a robust track record for contracting achievements and supplier negotiations
- High level of experience negotiating commercial contract terms
- Experience developing negotiation plans and leading negotiations
- Prior experience working for a multi-national company
- Advanced Procurement / Supply Chain certification preferred
- Enthusiastic and passionate about purchasing and have excellent communication skills
- Strong negotiator and know how to deal effectively with national and international suppliers
- Result and people oriented – effective in working with colleagues and suppliers in and outside the company
- Business fluent in speaking and writing English. Other European languages are an advantage.
- Affinity with technical working environment and will need to get some understanding of the products and services of the relevant Product Service Lines
- Analytical skills and understands Financial Fundamentals and Concepts
- Project Management and Influencing skills
- Understanding of Business Controls Policies, Processes and Procedures
- Computer literate and self-sufficient working on computer. Experienced user of MS Office programs and ERP systems (JDE Procurement modules preferred)
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with only little or remote supervision
Have no-nonsense attitude and effective hands on problem solving skills