Senior Mudlogging Geologist - Newfoundland< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Weatherford is one of the largest multinational oilfield service companies providing innovative solutions, technology and services to the oil and gas industry. The Company operates in over 90 countries and has a network of approximately 1,000 locations, including manufacturing, service, research and development, and training facilities and employs approximately 29,500 people. For more information, visit www.weatherford.com and connect with Weatherford on LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Facebook.
Weatherford delivers innovative technologies and services designed to meet the world’s current and future energy needs in a safe, ethical, and sustainable manner. Grounded by our core values and inspired by our world-class people, we are committed to being a trusted business partner to those we serve.
Weatherford is currently looking for Senior Mudlogging Geologists based in our Paradise, NL location. This technical field position offers the individual with an opportunity to be part of a multi-functional team. This role will provide technical services to plan, monitor, control, and execute well site, facility and client based operations in support of the Weatherford Eastern Canada Business Units and Product Lines.
Responsibilities and duties are not limited to what is outlined but may be based on future development and growth of the organization.
- Participates and coordinates all aspects of equipment/material handling in cooperation customer site requirements and Product Service Line manager.
- Assume Responsibility of Gas Analysis Equipment.
- Geological Formation Evaluation.
- Assembling, Maintenance and Testing of Equipment.
- Support data Specialist with the completion of rig site reports required by client.
- Provide Support for the Servicing and Maintenance of all SLS Equipment.
- Provide Support to Product Service Line Manager with accuracy of Offshore Assets/Inventory Status and reporting.
- Participate in Safety Programs.
- Must be able to troubleshoot SLS applications.
- Communicate daily with data Specialist Concerning all areas of Operations.
- Perform well site operations as per Customer Requirements.
Perform various other activities as assigned within the physical constraints of the job and within reasonable specified timeframe to meet business requirements.
- Technical Diploma, University Degree and/or Previous Related Work Experience would be considered an asset.
- 1 – 2 years of Sample Processing and Preparation
- Knowledge of Well programs and Design Geological Evaluation and gas Detection; Fluid management; Well hydraulics; Well Control
- Computer Skills, Including Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software package
- Must be a team Player
- Ability to co-ordinate required tasks on own initiative in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
Skills & Personal Suitability:
- Mechanical Aptitude
- Comprehensive learning Skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
As this position is safety sensitive, selected candidates will be required to complete pre-employment drug, alcohol and medical testing. Additionally, as this role requires travel to offshore platforms, candidates will be required to complete applicable offshore training including offshore medical testing and basic survival training.
This role may require work off-shore in facilities with smoke-free environments. All successful candidates will be required to adhere to Weatherford and customer requirements restricting or prohibiting tobacco usage.
POSITION SPECIFIC DETAILS
Weatherford offers a competitive compensation and benefits upon hire; including 3 weeks’ vacation to start, RRSP matching, a health spending account and opportunities for on-going training and career development