SDS Engineer 1< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
The primary role of this job is to gain exposure to all aspects of SDS operations including; equipment assembly, testing, inspection, installation and closure (under supervision). You will also be taking on technical support function for the Field Service Supervisor and crew which may include performing calculations, checking technical documentation to ensure equipment is fit-for-purpose. You will be responsible for data collection and ensuring that all job parameters are measured, recorded and reported in the job report. You will also be expected to follow a specified learning plan that will include various computer-based learning modules as well as classroom training. During this phase, you may take on miscellaneous tasks as assigned to you by your Supervisor.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend classroom instructional sessions aimed at product line specific training
- Complete assigned computer-based training as per the predetermined Learning Plan.
- Perform job preparation tasks under supervision such as; measuring and documenting sales and rental items, assembly of tools per work instructions, preparation for testing, disassembly and repair of items per procedure.
- Prepare equipment for dispatch under supervision; package and load-out
- Witness and execute under supervision the following; pre-job briefing, on-site equipment inspection and installation per job program.
- Perform on-the-job calculations
- Setup, recording and collection of necessary job parameters for job reporting
- Assist in the formal job closure including; post job tool inspections, back-loading of equipment, job ticket signature, job submission to Weather Performance Tracking System (WPTS)
- Prepare and keep accurate paperwork on delivery tickets, job reports, time sheets and other similar administrative forms.
- Keep accurate paperwork of equipment used and services provided in the field. .
- Have a thorough knowledge of the SDS products and services including having the ability to correctly identify all tools and components.
- Recommend measures to improve methods, performance, and quality to increase efficiency.
- Assist in the shop and make deliveries when available
- Must attend all required safety training.
- Required to work on a 24 hours call basis.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Must be able to travel for extended periods of time.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Competent in Level 1 SDS
- Minimum of 1 year experience in Field Engineering or equivalent
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Individual must be able to follow instructions
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, etc,…)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve using thorough analytical skills
- Should be able to work closely with internal and external customers