Field Engineer Trainee - Liner Hanger< Back To Job Listing
Entry level position tasked with learning and working all the products linked with the Liner Systems product line. During this time, you will be primarily focused on workshop / base assistance with the goal of being able to identify and explain the various tools / components that make up the Liner Systems portfolio. You will also be expected to follow a specified learning plan that will include various computer-based learning modules as well as classroom training. During this learning phase, you may take on miscellaneous tasks as assigned to you by your Supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Attend classroom instructional sessions aimed at product line specific training
- Complete assigned computer-based training as per the predetermined Learning Plan.
- Assist workshop personnel in the preparation of jobs (which may include; inventory, tool measurement, documentation, equipment load-out, etc…)
- Assist in time, cost, and labor estimates for completion of job assignments
- Prepare and keep accurate paperwork on delivery tickets, job reports, time sheets and other similar administrative forms.
- Keep accurate paperwork of equipment used and services provided in the field. .
- Have a general knowledge of the Liner Systems products and services including having the ability to correctly identify all tools and components.
- Recommend measures to improve methods, performance, and quality to increase efficiency.
- Assist in the shop and make deliveries when available
- Must attend all required safety training.
- Required to work on a 24 hours call basis.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Must be able to travel for extended periods of time.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Individual must be able to follow instructions
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, etc…)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve using thorough analytical skills
- Should be able to work closely with internal and external customers
- Self-motivated and committed to service quality a must
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Computer Aided Drafting (AutoCAD, Solidworks, ProE or equivalent)
- Valid Driver License
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or equivalent
Prior oilfield experience
- Competent in Level 1 Liner Hanger
- Competent in Level 1 Cementing Products
- Competent in Level 1 Inflatable Packer
- Competent in Level 1 Swellables.