TECHNICAL SALES ENGINEER - MSS< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To adhere to established Weatherford work ethics and policies at all times when dealing with our customers.
- To develop local proactive business strategies and opportunities with the Machine Shop Manager rather than follow a reactive process to the clients business.
- To travel to MENA countries and promote Weatherford tools by the aid of presentations and client meetings, if required
- Strategies to be put in place for different clients to focus on the gain the best profitability in the marketplace
- To keep a running inventory of customer needs / problems and use available resources and technology to meet Machine Shop Objectives.
- At all times be aware of our customers perception of the quality of services delivered, and feed this back to Machine Shop Manager through excellent verbal and written communication with peers and supervisors.
- To contribute to the QHSE objectives of the business teams. To take the message to the client.
- To develop an in-depth understanding of the assigned customer organizations. This will involve developing and maintaining personal contacts with key decision-makers where possible , it is important to note this is a team responsibility for Machine Shop management as well .
- To take an active part in his professional development through participation in external and internal training courses/seminars and to actively pursue development through continual improvement in Machine Shop competency , as level designation assigned tasks by Machine Shop Manager
- At all times to be aware of operational resources and constraints, and assist Operations in all issues related to service delivery including pre-job preparation.
- To have complete understanding of existing contracts and the tendering process, when putting together commercial proposal for clients.
- To keep up to date on competitor strategies, services and technology, and communicate this information through appropriate channels.
- To remain aware of the costs of doing business and suggest ideas on how to reduce the operations cost base.
- To prepare contract documents for tenders that utilize the information gathered on client organizations, internal preferences and competitor strategies/services.
- Participate in industry trade show and organizations and other pertinent technical associations or committees.
- Perform various other duties assigned by Manager within the physical constraints of the job.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Apply Weatherford, and where appropriate Client Company’s, Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Policy and Safety Management Systems.
- Contribute in QHSSE reporting on customer location / job & within assigned location / district
- Excellent customer and employee interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, especially English.
- Perform presentations to customers.
- Good knowledge of relevant computer software.
- Enterprise Resource Planning system knowledge
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing environment
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Good level of general education.
- Understanding & basic TOFEL (Test of English as a Foreign Language).
- Mechanical Technician qualification.
- Time served Mechanical apprentice.
- HNC/HND Mechanical Engineering or Related discipline.
- Hands on based Work Experience within a Machine Shop.
- Downhole oilfield tools & equipment.
- Oilfield Exposure at some level on shore or offshore, oilfield service companies / drilling contractors