FIELD TECHNICIAN II< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
- Operate tubing/ casing manual and power tongs, power units, handling, thread monitoring equipment, Fill Up & Circulating tools, Stabber less system and positioning devices and TRS equipment relevant to the operation within client’s requirements and in compliance with TRS Work Instructions, Procedures and Competence System to maintain integrity of the client’s wells.
- Responsible for maintain, Rig up/ down, and function check of equipment described in b), and TRS equipment relevant to the operation in compliance with TRS Work Instructions ensuring the equipment is operational.
- Perform Visual inspection and assess the Quality of threaded Connections, accept or reject connections and judge the integrity of a connection.
- Select Correct TRS Equipment for a specific Job, taking into consideration OCTG sizes, grades and weights limitations, and equipment availability.
- Responsible for advising drill crew and support personnel of any potential safety hazards associated with Weatherford equipment.
- Liaise and advise the client representative and Weatherford crew chief on the integrity or condition of the client’s tubing/casing prior to the operation commencing. All checks must conform to the TRS Work Instructions and Procedures.
- Liaise with Weatherford onshore support staff to ensure adequate equipment is available at the worksite to meet operational requirements
- Responsible for delegating tasks within the team as appropriate to team member’s competency level
- In compliance with Weatherford’s Competency system, assess TRS trainees and submitting specific assessment paperwork to the operations department for processing.
- Responsible for ensuring that all TRS equipment is returned to the facility highlighting any faults. Any thread monitoring and other TRS equipment which is to remain onboard for future operations will be logged with the Client and detailed on the operation report and brought to the crew chief and customer coordinators attention.
- Responsible for completing job reports. Report detail to be comprehensive and should highlight as a minimum, operational summary, equipment performance, personnel performance, NPT, customer evaluation and completed task based risk assessment.
- Responsible for the upkeep of own training and competency portfolio
- Any other delegated responsibilities as suggested/requested by your supervisor within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements.
- Maintain & set JAM units parameter according to specific operation job requirements and ensure fit for purpose.
- Downloading graphs post operations and reporting on JAM results and performances of connections,
- Perform basic trouble shooting to JAM units
Full understating of OCTG
•Identify threaded standard & Premium Connections, and understand where the acting and loaded thread flanks.
•Electronic aptitude and basic understanding of Hydraulic & mechanical Systems.
•Able to service and maintain Power Equipment
•Active involvement is EEP & QHSE systems
•JAM graphic interpretation and Function
•Good communication skills, both oral and written.
•Working knowledge of TRS equipment
•Knowledge in basic in Mechanical aptitude, Mathematics, Arithmetic and English.
•Offshore survival certificate
•Minimum 12 months field experience as a Service Technician