Mechanic - Wireline< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Under the direction of the Repair & Maintenance Manager or Field Operation Manager performs basic mechanical service and repairs. Duties and responsibilities include the proper maintenance of units and equipment, some crew supervision, ensuring compliance to policies and procedures.
The employee has obtained the necessary skills and knowledge and is capable of working on preventive and corrective tasks covering some of the mechanical equipment at the location, including those into Open Hole and/or Cased Hole domains. Additionally, he/she should be contributing towards improvement of safe work practices, processes and procedures, and failure analysis.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completion of all related competencies, proficiency and training required to successful reach this level, as detailed on Wireline Career Progression document.
- Demonstrate familiarity with Wireline documentation and other online training and support systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of Wireline operations policies & procedures, which include Radiation and Preventative Maintenance.
- To adhere to established Weatherford work ethics and policies at all times when dealing with our internal customers.
- Observes safe working practices, rules and regulations, wears all safety equipment as required, and corrects and reports hazards immediately.
- To recognize and promote the Preventive Maintenance program of the company.
- Perform preventative maintenance inspections of mechanical equipment
- Locate and understand maintenance records of all equipment.
- Participate in technical training sessions as required.
- Observes problems and may provide suggestions on design changes and modifications to improve unit performance and reliability.
- Assists and observes supervisor during equipment repair in the field.
- Inform supervisor of parts and supplies that are in short supply.
- Maintains tools and equipment in good condition and keeps work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Identifies and reports equipment performance and failure problems to direct supervisor.
- Perform various other duties assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Attends and participates in safety & technical meetings as required.
- Maintains QHSSE training requirements.
- Complete work in an accurate, timely, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
- Develops a basic knowledge of most of Weatherford tools and equipment at the location, including associated hazards.
- Assist with scheduled preventative maintenance on wireline units, skid units, express units, cranes, compressors, generators and light & heavy vehicles in accordance with Weatherford's documented policies and procedures.
- Maintain equipment, facilities and work area in a presentable and working condition.
- Know and understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Preventative Maintenance Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Proven mechanical aptitude
- Basic understanding of fundamental math and physics
- Basic understanding of the principles of electricity
- Basic computer skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license as required by the region.
- Knowledge of windows based systems
- Demonstrated mechanical ability
- Knowledge of the diesel engines, hydraulics systems and electrical systems.
- Should have job related experience and training in diagnosing mechanical failures, reading mechanical diagrams and accurately assembling and de-assembling the mechanical parts.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Effectively communicate in English, verbally and written
- Wireline certificates for Radiation, Explosives and Pressure Control.
- Previous Wireline experience
- Graduate from an entry level technical program or equivalent experience
- Experience or knowledge of equipment operating in the Oil & Gas industry
ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations.
- Available for work outside of regular business hours as required by the nature of the business and operations
- Willingness to work under varying conditions and in remote locations
- Scheduled attendance & punctuality are expected