FIELD SPECIALIST MWD IV< Back To Job Listing
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for the operation of the MWD field surface software
- Responsible for the rig up and rig down of equipment.
- Responsible for operation and configuration of downhole MWD tools
- Responsible for ensuring that operational specifications (limits) of the downhole MWD tools are not exceeded
- Responsible for quality of field reports.
- Responsible for the data quality provided to customer.
- Participate in field incident root cause analysis.
- Take rotations in office to Coordinate (Coordinator OJT).
- Responsible for supervising, mentoring and on the job training of Trainee (MWD I), Junior (MWD II) and Lead (MWD III) field engineers.
- Report equipment failures as per the Field Incident Reporting Procedure.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- a safe and healthy workplace for all employees;
- enforcing all safety precautions and practices;
- promoting safe work practices;
- Attending mandatory safety meetings and maintaining Company property and equipment in safe operating conditions at all times.
- Competent with Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication, organization, troubleshooting and teamwork skills. Positive attitude and a high degree of self-discipline and motivation
- Relevant industry experience. Requires competency assessment upon hire to evaluate level of knowledge.
- High School graduate, or
- Experience in relevant service line within Weatherford
- Must be available to travel extensively domestically and internationally.
- Work on and offshore.
- Has demonstrated extensive troubleshooting skills in field environment
- Be able to work in the office as coordinator as required
- Meet the qualifications of Weatherford MWD III – Lead Field Specialist as per the Drilling Services competency program.
- Knowledgeable on all MWD tools and set-up.
- 2 year technical degree or relevant industry experience
- Basic knowledge of Drilling systems, products and services