PLANT CONTROLLER< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
Ths position will be responsible acting as a business partner to the mangement team of a manufacturing facility enabling strong business performance and ensuring adequate controls. The position will provide day to day support to the management team in line with the performance objectives of the Manufactuing Director and in compliance with company controls and compliance.
JOB DIMENSIONS: (For Management & supervisory positions)
Number of direct reports: 3
Total number in team managed: 8
Other dimensions appropriate to the job: Covers 2 manufacturing plants for Completions group
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
1. Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
2. Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations in order to identify development opportutinities and areas where improvement is needed.
3. Serve as a business partner relationship with the plant management team to support business plan and provide financial guidance.
4. Prepare reports which summarize and forecast company business activity and financial position in areas of income, expenses, and earning, based on past, present, and expected operations.
5. Analyze month end and month to date financial and statistical data to understand the drivers for variances from budget/forecast and develop improvement plans with plant managers and manufacturing controller.
6. Provide and direct procedures and systems necessary to maintain proper records and to afford adequate accountig controls and services.
7. Analyze, consolidate, and direct all cost accounting procedures together with other statistical and routine reports.
8. Maintain procedures and controls to monitor financial performance and safeguard the company assets.
9. Participate in balance sheet reviews.
10.Assist with review and preparation of capital appropriation requests, including tracking monthly spend on active AFE's.
11. Lead and develop process improvements to improve efficiecy and accuracy of the plant accuounting team and the overall performance of the plant.
12. Liaise with corporate accounting, internal and external auditors as required.
13. Ensure and test that all policies, procedures, GAAP, SOX requirements and standards of work are followed and compliant to expectations, Implementing controls when required.
14. Assist in the preparation of the month end reporting package to senior management.
15 Oversee inventory cycle count process
16. Prepare and analyze intercompany gross margin reports.
17. Manage the cost/billing of the R&M process.
18. Assist in ad hoc requests as required.
19. Manage performance appraisals and goal setting for direct reports.
20. Ensure compliance with direct and indirect taxation including transfer pricing matters.
21. Ensure compliance with FEMA, Foreign trade matters, Excise, Custom matters.
SKILL & KNOWLEDGE:
1. Knowlege of ERP accounting software (JD Edwards preferred).
2. Expert knowledge of Direct & Indirect taxation.
3. Experience of dealing in FEMA, Foreign trade matters, Excise, Custom matters
4. Prior supervision experience.
5. Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power point, Word, etc.)
6. Experience with forcasting and budgeting.
1. Knowledge of HFM (hyperion).
1. Bachelor's Degree preferredin Accounting, Finance, Economics or comparable busines related field.
2. 10 years of manufacturing accounting experience.
1. Advanced Degree or certification(S)- Chartered Accoutant
2. Additional Accounting experience