FIELD OPERATION CREW CHIEF< Back To Job Listing
This job posting is no longer active
The Crew Chief has obtained the necessary skills and knowledge in order to safely perform a variety of complex Wireline services. The expectation at this level is to perform tasks without direct supervision and without the assistance of others. Duties and responsibilities include driving heavy vehicles, servicing and maintaining tools and equipment, and assisting the Field Engineer / Specialist with well site operations.
The employee has obtained the necessary skills and knowledge and is capable of working autonomously on tasks covering advanced services in Open Hole and/or Cased Hole domains. Additionally, they should demonstrate leadership and contribute towards improvement of safe work practices, service quality and efficiency
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
- Completion of all related competencies, proficiency and training required to successful reach this level, as detailed on Wireline Career Progression document.
- Utilize Wireline documentation, databases and other online training systems.
- Prepare and supervise operators crew on the preparation of tools and equipment, and complete paperwork requirements.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and understanding of Wireline operations policies & procedures, which may include Radiation, Ballistics, Pressure Control, rig up, and preventative maintenance.
- Perform and supervise operators crew on tasks associated with a typical Wireline job, which include planning and preparation, load-out and backload, rigging, clean-up and basic maintenance of tools, equipment and Wireline units.
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skills to perform and mentor wireline services at the location, which may include tools and equipment in some of the technology groups into Open Hole and/or Cased Hole domains.
- Direct responsible for the Winch Activity of Wireline Unit during all duration of the field operation.
- Perform Wireline cable tests and re-heads, and preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrate knowledge and ability to perform various Wireline functions including winch operation, basic depth control, and tension.
- Drive and mentor other crew operator’s members on driving Weatherford vehicles as required to perform the job.
- Maintain and supervised the maintenance of equipment, facilities and work locations in a presentable and working condition.
- Maintain up-to-date practices and promptly report issues, hazards and best practices to the supervisor.
- Know and fully understand Weatherford Quality Policy and comply with all requirements of the Quality Systems Manual, Operating and Technical Procedures and Workplace Instructions.
- Must understand and comply with all safety rules and company policies of Weatherford.
- Work assignments carried out to the highest quality level.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Good mechanical aptitude
- Understand basic mathematics
- Understand basic principles of electricity
- Knowledge of windows based systems
- Demonstrated mechanical ability
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to communicate in native language
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Driver’s Licence with Hazardous Materials endorsement or equivalent
- Weatherford Safety Training as required
- Weatherford Wireline certificates for Radiation, Explosives and Pressure Control.
- Previous 2-4 years Wireline experience
- Available 24/7 with scheduled days off
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Willingness to work under varying conditions and in remote locations
- Ability to perform under time constraints
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Positive attitude towards health, safety and the environment
- Good training and mentoring skills